GAMES AND VIDEOGAMES
Give your audience exciting experiences
Every game holds a story, and its goal is to let players experience it by testing themselves and finding out something new about their personality. Translating games and video games means making more people part of this adventure and invite them to re-experience emotions and fun each time they want to. The best way to promote this is through the definition of some aspects:
- Linguistic register, depending on the game's genre (formal in a historical video game, informal in a party game, etc.);
- Character limitations, depending on the gameplay (board game, console, mobile, PC, etc.);
- Terminology, both industry-specific and related to latest editions of games/video games.
There are two core skills that a translator must have to perform a quality translation: excellent command of the target language, to better convey idioms and wordplays; a healthy dose of creativity, to keep the power of fantasy intact even between languages.
Here are some examples of translation projects I worked on:
- Toys and board games descriptions
- Video games (dialogues, inner monologues, and menus)
Translating a game or video game means boosting enthusiasm and interest for this product, even bringing new people closer to this world. Giving people the atmosphere they are looking for is easier if you speak their language.
Do you want the Italian audience to have a great gaming experience? Cross linguistical barriers and turn your texts into powerful messages.